Thursday, January 27, 2011

Childhood Memory!!!

When it comes to my childhood, I think about my lovely mom. She is a talented women. She used to sew a lot back then but now she stops. She made curtain, bed sheet, blanket, pants and so forth. When we were young (with both of my sisters), my mommy made us a lot of scrunchies out of the pieces fabric that have to be trashed by her sewing company. I was impressed because she knows how to make all these things without teaching by others. Also, she made us pajamas. It was so lovely and beautiful....thanks a lot, mom.

This week, Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge is showing some childhood memory. I have made this project with sewing theme that tight closely with my mom. Enjoy.



This project, I used 6*9 in. clasp envelope. I got this idea from Prima Makerting Gallery. I think it is good idea that make a window like that and also can fit dimensional embelishments instead of making a shadow box. I used one of the Prima Lace stamp, Tim Holtz stamps and the one that look like script is from Inkadinkado. I used Walnut Stain distress ink to distress the edge of the whole envelope and for stamping too. I also used Fired Brick distress ink on my stamping.



This window is cut by using Tim Holtz Bigz Die Ornamental and the image I got inside the envelope are from Clearly Vintage (http://clearlyvintage.blogspot.com/) and Vintage Feed Sacks (http://vintagefeedsacks.blogspot.com/).



For this flower, I used Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. I used two of the medium flower and used tweezers to give it a texture and twist. In the middle is the baby prima that I made which is inspired by Prima Makerting.

If you guys have any question, please email me and thanks for stopping by......

Serina.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Serina, wow love what you did with the flower just love it, fabulous colors and thank you for sharing your creation and therefore your childhood memory with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful work, what wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete